Register now for immediate access to this program.Register Now
$115 for Non-Members
November 14, 2019
New York State Academy of Trial Lawyers
Ethics, Professional Practice
Led by Professor Roger Baron, this program will feature in-depth analysis of and attorney best practices for addressing ERISA, Medicare Advantage Plan, Medicare Medicaid, FEHBA and VA subrogation, reimbursement and lien claims against the settlement proceeds.
Program will specifically address:
• Attorney obligation to notify ERISA plans of third-party actions;
• How to obtain and review all relevant ERISA plan documentation and filings, and what pitfalls to avoid when dealing with the plan or their recovery agencies;
• NYS Social Services Law Section 104-b and the “liening” of capitation costs;
• Medicare Advantage Plans: Liability to Plaintiff’s Attorney and Double Damages;
• Defeating “Medicare Releases”;
• Defining and addressing Medicare Set-Asides, if, when and how;
• Addressing VA subrogation and future offset (set-aside) claims
IMPORTANT NOTE: You are no longer in need of the verification code that is announced within the recorded program, as attendance is no longer tracked in that manner. Instead, we have added prompts every 25 minutes throughout the recorded program that you MUST click on, as that is how your attendance will now be tracked for the New York State CLE Board. Failure to click on the prompts will result in no credit being awarded.
Program Titles and Supporting Materials
This program contains the following components:
If applicable, you may obtain credit in multiple jurisdictions simultaneously for this program (see pending/approved list below). If electing credit for this program, registrants in jurisdictions not listed below will receive a Certificate of Completion that may or may not meet credit requirements in other jurisdictions. Where applicable, credit will be only awarded to a paid registrant completing all the requirements of the program as determined by the selected accreditation authority.
How to Attend
Join the self-paced program from your office, home, or hotel room using a computer and high speed internet connection. You may start and stop the program at your convenience, continue where you left off, and review supporting materials as often as you like. Please note: Internet Explorer is no longer a supported browser. We recommend using Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Safari for best results.
You may access this course on a computer or mobile device with high speed internet (iPhones require iOS 10 or higher). Recommended browsers are Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.