The Lien Resolution Institution
An Intense Course in ERISA, Medicare, MAP, Medicaid and other Lien Claims.
Led by Professor Roger Baron, this program will feature in-depth analysis of and attorney best practices for addressing ERISA, Medicare Advantage Plan, Medicare Medicaid, FEHBA and VA subrogation, reimbursement and lien claims against the settlement proceeds.
Professor Roger Baron
Paul Isaac, Esq.
Paul Loudenslager, Esq.
Program will specifically address:
- Attorney obligation to notify ERISA plans of third-party actions;
- How to obtain and review all relevant ERISA plan documentation and filings, and what pitfalls to avoid when dealing with the plan or their recovery agencies;
- NYS Social Services Law Section 104-b and the “liening” of capitation costs;
- Medicare Advantage Plans: Liability to Plaintiff’s Attorney and Double Damages;
- Defeating “Medicare Releases”;
- Defining and addressing Medicare Set-Asides, if, when and how;
- Addressin VA subrogation and future offset (set-aside) claims
DATE: November 14, 2019
TIME: 9AM - 2PM