Academy Excursions: Cuba Fall 2017
Announcing The Academy's 2nd Trip to Cuba: November 9-13, 2017 OR November 9-16, 2017
The NYS Academy of Trial Lawyers is proud to announce a 2nd CLE Excursion taking place this Fall in Cuba. We are excited to offer you this exclusive opportunity to visit Cuba partnering with Cuba Cultural Travel - an organization with nearly twenty years of experience running U.S. Government licensed tours to Cuba.
We invite you and a guest to join our private delegation for a journey through Cuba's rich cultural heritage at the most pivitol time in U.S.-Cuba relations. Our program will go beyond tourist corridors by engaging with local scholars, attorneys, musicians and artists who will offer an in-depth commentary on the Cuban legal system, art, history, architechture, and religion. You do not want to miss this once in a lifetime opportunity to experience the "Pearl of the Antilles," all while receiving CLE credit! Check out the brochures linked below and be sure to click through some stunning photos from our first trip on Facebook.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING TRUMP’S CUBA ANNOUCEMENT
How do these changes affect Cuba CUltural Travel and travelers?
As of June 16, 2017 - The announced changes do not take effect until the new feveral regulations are issued. More information will become available as the regulations are implemented (which may take up to 90 days).
- All currently scheduled trips remain authorized.
- In the future - Group people-to-people travel will still be permitted under a sponsor/tour operator (such as CCT).
- Travelers will still be permitted to purchase airfare with the previously established commercial airlines.
- The categories of authorized travel remain unchanged, although individuals will no longer qualify for people-to-people travel.
Prior to the announcement by Trump, the Department of the Treasury, Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) issued a new FAQ which may be found HERE.
Our private journey includes:
- Thought provoking lectures by renowned intellectuals, scholars, and legal experts
- Private performances and reception by prominent dance companies and musicians
- Exploration of the fascinating neighborhoods of Havana in the company of an architect and historian
We will also have an optional extension to the tour which includes:
- A trip to Pinar del Rio province and stunning Vinales Valley, known for the finest tobacco produced in the world
- A visit to the infamous Bay of Pigs, the renowned colonial cities of Cienfuegos and Trinidad, as well as the Che Guevara Mausoleum in Santa Clara
For more information please view our Brochure Itinerary and click the link to register for this life changing experience. For general information and FAQs please visit the Cuba Cultural Travel webpage.